- Ski fantastic peaks rising directly from the sea in a remote artic environment
- Unspoilt and untamed wilderness
- Ski from sea level, through arctic forests, across glaciers to beautiful ridges
- Breath taking views
- Offers a huge variety of skiing.
- Fjordland skiing with the option of skiing touring the wild peak above the high plateau around Riksgransen.
- Lift access skiing in Narvik and Riksgransen if needed.
- Fresh, locally caught seafood and Norwegian hospitality
The region around Narvik offers fantastic opportunities for the ski tourer. In the west we have peaks that tower above the fjords and in the east, just over the border in Sweden, we have a much higher and colder range around Riksgransen. This gives us plenty of scope to find great conditions even if the temperatures are warm and the snow line high. There are also two ski resorts close by, one in Narvik (the highest in Norway, with almost 900m of descent) and the other at Rikgransen. The aim of this trip is to ski tour but sometimes it is nice to take advantage of the powder with the help of some uplift.
Narvik is a famous and strategic port being used to transport the iron ore from the mines in Kiruna (Sweden). It was the scene of a big sea battle between the Germans and British in the Second World War. The British made a surprise attack to regain control of the port only to lose it a few weeks later when the Norwegians were forced to surrender. The wrecks of the German boats remain.