At ISM we are determined that our courses will continue to lead the field not only in terms of quality but also in terms of value for money.
We have always operated an all-inclusive prices policy, and although this has come under pressure in recent times (from companies whose prices exclude essential elements - often given as very optimistic 'estimates'), we stand by this policy and apply it to all courses except for clearly stated instances where a particular ground cost can vary too significantly to make a fair charge for it.
While you are with ISM, we want you to focus on the mountain activities and to enjoy your holiday free from worries about extra expense.
Your ISM course price covers:
- Guiding/Instruction and all guides expenses.
- Hotel accommodation in a shared room at either end of the course (except where specified).
- Valley and mountain hut accommodation at half board throughout the course.
- All picnic lunches and snack food.
- All transportation (once you have reached us).
- All mechanical uplift (e.g. mountain railway, cable cars) except where specified in the course description (see below for exceptions)
- Loan of any technical equipment required (except personal clothing/mountain boots/ski hardware).
Please note - In the unlikely event of a change to the advertised programme, there may be an additional charge to cover any ground transport, trains or extra lifts e.g. on our Chamonix Zermatt Haute Route 'hut to hut' ski tour
- Restaurant lunches (taken occasionally in summer if the weather is bad, and on ski courses when we are in a ski resort).
- Transportation to and from the meeting point of any course.
Courses where mechanical uplift (e.g. mountain railway, cable cars) is not included
- Classic Alpine Ascents
- Technical Alpine Ascents
- Classic 4000ers
- Technical 4000ers
- Technical Alpine Rock
Please note: These courses normally run without using mechanical uplift and are priced accordingly. If uplift is taken (with agreement of course participants) it is charged as an extra.
Note on Personal Guiding: The fees charged are for guiding only. Clients must cover their own and the Guide's expenses for their chosen itinerary. Please contact the ISM Office for more details.