The course offers comprehensive instruction in all the techniques of ski-touring as well as focussing on off-piste skiing skills. The course also includes certification in Avalanche training level 1 from the Swiss Mountain Training Organisation and The Association of Swiss Mountain Guides (SBV/ASGM).
During the weekend you will look at snow structure, the process of change within it and by examining the snow, develop recognition of snow pack stability and therefore confidence in ascertaining potential avalanche risk. This will help you start to make informed decisions on safe travel in potential avalanche risk terrain, route choice and avoidance of threatened areas.
- Gain a solid foundation in avalanche awareness and avoidance
- Perfect for skiers and snow boarders who venture off piste
- Flexible and robust course with regard to weather and snow conditions
- Highly educational course, giving a good balance of classroom sessions and practical sessions on the mountain
- The understanding of how to find the best snow to ski in the available conditions
- Leysin based in the Grand Chalet, very comfortable 3 star accommodation
The course is based at the hotel Le Grand Chalet in Leysin. Leysin has a lot to offer in terms of off-piste skiing and ski touring. This gives us access to many slope aspects and altitudes. Leysin also has a fantastic transceiver training centre.